Air from the High Rise Days

I stand in the brightest rays
I walk in the deepest shade
In high rise blocks I spend my days
Where pushing soul’s my trade
And down where the cities rise
And up where the mountain stands
I’ll fly where the air is nice
I’ll go where the highway ends

I lived with a sailor’s wife
We stayed where the highway ends
In low life bars I spent my life
On cruel and shaky sands
But down where the river splits
In parts of the delta head
I’ll sail all the seas at once
I’ll go where there’s peace ahead

I walked with the devil’s bride
We kissed near the delta head
Of morning fogs and misty rocks
She built our new love a bed
And down where the ivy climbs
And up where the souls are born
I’ll flee from the nest she built
I’ll go for a shore unknown

I talked to an Irish ghost
That roamed through a shore unknown
You’ll ramble on, to meet the dawn
He said and sighed for home
And down where the poet weeps
And up where the Gypsy sings
I’ll rest for a longer while
I’ll stay where the ocean rings

Komentarze